Boys Be...

Posted on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 2 comments -

BOYS BE…

is a manga created and written by Masahiro Itabashi and illustrated by Hiroyuki Tamakoshi, which was in 2000 adapted into a 13 episode anime series by Hal Film Maker.

Three different Boys Be... First is the manga series , serialized by Kodansha in Shukan Shōnen Magazine. The second manga series is licensed in North America by Tokyopop and the anime is licensed by The Right Stuf International. The anime, first aired on WOWOW (with a matching fanline email address courtesy of Lycos Japan), is licensed in Singapore by Odex. The first DVD volume of the series was released in North America on February 28, 2006. Comcast and serval other cable providers are currently showing 'Boys Be' On Demand in the United States through the Anime Network. This series was aired on AXN-Asia before it handed all anime broadcasting duties to ANIMAX Asia, and, unlike other AXN anime making it to ANIMAX, was never retained.

Boys Be…

I would say, is a great anime for guys like me. Its story is about how guys developed into mature men. How they have handled the stress of balancing school works with their love life, their childhood infatuations and also the challenges in growing up and urging testosterones. I can’t forget when I watched it on ANIMAX.. whoah! The first episode blew me off. The soundtrack was perfectly jived the drama and funny stuff in the story, especially when the quotes that were shown every episode. So Perfect. That was 8 years ago. Time flew so fast. And still, I get Goosebumps whenever I hear their soundtrack.

There has been 2 Responses to 'Boys Be...' so far

  1. lucas says:

    interesting..ang daming nagsusulputang manga ngayon ah..hehe! sayang wala kaming animax.

  2. Sprechtrel says:

    Reading the preview, I regret the fact that I only had Animax back in 2005. Fo' shame, it looks good and I didn't even know it was shown. :<

    Also, I think it's better to say that there's only two versions of Boys Be: The manga and anime. Since IMO the English and Japanese manga counts as one. :)